Careers no image

Published on November 16th, 2007 | by Babar Bhatti

PTCL Voluntary Separation Scheme Announced

Details of Voluntary Separation Scheme (VSS) at PTCL have emerged with information also provided at PTCL site which puts it like this in Urdu: Aap Ki Hidmat Ka Etraf  (We recognise your services).

PTCL VSSTotal cost is about Rs 35 billion, out of which 50 per cent amount will be paid by the good old Government of Pakistan. The intended / eligible target of VSS are PTCL employees who are not over 58 years of age – probably management does not consider them relevant to the latest technology and strategy. According to insiders, this scheme works well for those who are relatively new at PTCL. As I have written before, if PTCL management handles this well, then this could be good for both the company and its employees in the long run. Business Recorder provides more information.

The government has imposed ban on re-employment of those employees of Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) who will opt for Voluntary Separation Scheme (VSS), informed sources told Business Recorder.

“The Ministry of Information Technology will ensure that optees who are granted voluntary separation will not be re-employed by PTCL,” the sources quoted Cabinet Committee on Privatisation (CCoP) as giving directions to the Privatisation Commission.

The sources said that GoP share of VSS would be available to only those optees who apply within 60 days of the launching of the scheme. Under the Sale Purchase Agreement (SPA) and Share Holders Agreement (SHA) between GoP and Etisalat International Pakistan (EIP), the new management of PTCL has the right to offer voluntary retirement or departure to the employment and GoP was committed to pay 50 percent gross expenses.

Prior to its privatisation, PTCL had also signed an agreement with the CBA unions providing for VSS for employees. The PTCL-specific VSS developed by consultants was approved by the company’s board and was placed for discussions in a series of meetings of the PC board, Ministries of Information Technology, Finance and Privatisation held between 14 and 24 September 2007.

The scheme was projected to cost Rs 34.858 billion, assuming that 60 percent of the employees avail this package. The share of GoP will be Rs 17.429 billion to be paid out of the privatisation proceeds.

About two months proposed time for acceptance of the package by the employees, the sources said that PTCL may take its time in implementation of the scheme. However, the government would honour its commitment of sharing 50 per cent cost of VSS towards those employees who opt for the scheme within two months of its announcement, the sources added.

The sources said that the Ministry of Labour and Manpower had not been consulted while developing the scheme, adding that concerns were also expressed regarding rights of the PTCL contract workers. In response, it was pointed out that the VSS was a voluntary scheme for only the regular employees of PTCL and had nothing to do with the handsomely paid contract workers governed by separate rules.

33 Responses to PTCL Voluntary Separation Scheme Announced

1. Zeeshan Ahmed says:

Please Re Open Second VSS or Golden Shekhhand. Please launch 2nd VSS or Golden Shekhand as soon as possible.Thanks

2. anum lalukhyt says:

sab ki janeman anum 03456260212 kimat sirf 500

3. saima says:

Assalam-O-Alaikum,

my cell number 03453132668 saima

4. SHAHID ALI says:

I am awaited for Second VSS or Golden Shekhhand. Please launch 2nd VSS or Golden Shekhand as soon as possible.

SHAHID ALI

5. nazia naz says:

mera mobaile number hai 03432016950 main kisi ek larke se milna chahati hon

6. mkamran says:

mera number hai == 0345;2914580

7. faiza says:

MY MOBAILE NUMBER 03453132668 PLZ YOUR MY ALL FRENDS CALL ME LETER

8. Anwar Shehzad Khan says:

Dear Sir

I Am Ex Telephone Technician.
    I Would Like To Know,Direct Approach Web Sit Or E-Mail Because My Application Sumitted Date April 2008,In My VSS Letter There Are Some Discrepancies.I Have Complaint VSS Support Center Until Today No Any Response From GMHAR Department Lahore With Further Reminders Last Reminder With Required Document Date 20-08-09.

Please Help Me.

Thanks

Anwar Shehzad Khan Lahore

9. zahi Ali says:

DEAR SIR
    ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM
    SIR WE ARE TRYING LAST 3 WEEK BUT NO RESPONCE OUR INTER NET CONNECTION NOT WORKING. PLZ TAKE THE ACTION AND SOLVE OUR PROBLEB.
    WE ARE THANK FULLL TO U

10. Imran Haider says:

it is submitted for the attension of the company authority that
    some of GM,s offer employees promotions who apply /Apeal for VSS
    to withdraw their apeal , it is a bad prctice for employees who do not apply VSS , a person who appeal should give VSS by the companey

11. AOA
    this was a good and attractive pakage so therefore it is rquested that if that cited Vss pakage is given the NCPG employees because they are also hardworker loyal,and tough-taskmaster of PTCL.

so, it will be a distinctions if the VSS is not given the NCPG emploees.

regards

M Said Jan
    Security Guard (NCPG-7)

12. Abdul Qadir says:

AOA

I am a MBA student recquiring information about the downsizing, voluntary separation scheme (VSS) followed by PTCL the # of employees, grade , benfits offered against each take off for my HR project.

Please provide the detail if any of you can,

Regrads

Abdul Qadir

13. Arsalan says:

Assalam-O-Alaikum,

It is humbly request you, my land line number
    (021-4014763) is not working for more than 6 months we
    have complained many times but there is no response
    and no body comes, even we are paying the bills. Sir
    it is humble request you to please follow this case or
    forward to the concern person who is responsible.

Thanks & Regards
    M. Arsalan

14. is the ptcl launching an other vss scheme
    there is any proposal of the staff who love their job
    i love my job i proud to be associated with ptcl
    i do my level best for the betterment of ptcl

15. saeed mashwani says:

me from gadwalian haripur my home phone number is 675592 which always remain u/s for 10 to 15 days in evry month and we paid for the full month bill please take some necessoray action or other wise disconnect our number permanently we do not need it because we have four mobile connection at our home.

16. Muhammad Akbar Durrani says:

Aslam o Alaikum

dear Sir

it is submitted for the attension of the company authority that
    the vss scheme is so far i think not in the favour in ptcl employees in the manner that pay should be included in the way that is basic pay, good conduct pay, and othe two insentive pays x 120 salleries should be added in the vss scheme for the employees who are aged and can not support their family at this stage
    i request that my suggestion should be considered
    i will be very grate ful to you

17. sir.mey block 21 fb area mey rehta ho hum 8 sall say hina home house no r.16 block 21 fb area mera pora adress hai hamara phone taqreban 7.sall sey band hay or bill har month ata hay complain bhi bhot ki magar koi faida nahi hoa ab ap khoch karay

18. Saima Aftab says:

I need to know the detailed modalities of the VSS package i.e. who are the employees to whom the package applies, how the VSS benefits will be calculated. Can any one guide please?

19. Ejaz Anwar says:

The Vss is not a VSS but it is CSS or FSS in ptcl

20. azizul wahab says:

Humble request to ptcl/govt of pakistan

A.O.A

I am an employee of PTCL. I was appointed in January,1994 in PTC on regular basis just for pension/job security and best future. But it is sorry to say that ptcl has announced vss in which employees less than 20 years services are not eligible for pension that is unjustify.

If the PTCL given the vss package to those employee less than 20 years and more than 10 years just like 20 and above, the remaining employees will be opted vss package.

21. Ejaz Anwar says:

All VSS OFFICERS
    A.O.A,
    As 0800-13531 is made for release tension and to satisfy the employees of ptcl regarding their vss options and to remove their objections/complaints but 1st the said No. not respond or if it respond , the attending officers deputed on the line has poor knowledge or nil knowledge. Requesting to all those called officers pl. do not remove employees problems, do not give them complete information but please please please be listen them politely. Regards

22. Wajeeha khan says:

It appears that sadia mahmood who are working on vss project either doesn’t know the meaning of word lucrative or she is just a spokes woman of Etisalat trying to justify the bad policies of her employer towards Ptcl employees.

23. m.akram says:

ASSALAAM_O_ALIKUM

in ptcl operato(TO),clarical staff,peons,drivers,messengers,andswitching staff are load for ptcl but the important thing is operations staff like linemans are backbone of ptcl because revnew has come due to lineman,targets for ntc has achieved by lineman fault have removed by lineman.pl.attention to this point pl approved all staff without linemen staff like supervoicers linemes .most point is that for notice this point main faults are pending due to underground cabel fault .

24. Nafees says:

I, Nafees, CUSTOMER OF PTCL TELEPHONE # 6318554, resident of FL. C-8 BLK-I RUKUNUDDIN SQR. G/FLR. FB AREA SINCE LAST 6 Months WOULD LIKE TO BRING TO YOU NOTICE THAT SINCE LAST 6 MONHTS MY TELEPHONE IS OUT OF ORDER INSPIT OF THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO OUTSTANDING PAYMENT FROM THE BEGINING. I, MYSELF PAY MY BILLS EVERY MONTH BEFORE DUE DATE. I COMPLAINT SEVERAL TIMES VIA TELEPHONE AS WELL AS I VISIT TO YOUR PTCL F.B. AREA EXCHAGE COMPLAINT CENTRE AND MET DIVISIONAL ENGINEER TWICE BUT NO RESPONSE, DIVISIONAL ENGRINEER CALL LINE MAN BUT WHAT I FEEL THAT D.E. LOOKS HELP LESS, SOME ONE SUGGEST ME THAT IF I WANT GOOD TELEPHONE SERVICE I HAVE TO KEEP LINE MAN HAPPY, U KNOW WHAT AM SAYING….
    I LEAVE YOU TO TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION AND MAKE SURE OTHER CUSTOMERS DO NOT FACT THE SAME PROBLEM IN FUTURE. THANK YOU.

25. sadia mahmood says:

i m a ptcl employee working on vss project and we know that employees are much more satisfied with the packages . as ptcl vss package is most lucrative in the history of vss packages announced in pakistan. and as far as the concern regardign pension eligible employees then anyone having serive of 19.5 years will get the pension and none having less service than this will not be eligible and being a professional i know that no one can raise the question on management policy so this cant be changed. but as far as other concerns regarding formulas are totally nill becz they are well made and wel accepted by the employee ..thx a lot

26. Azeem Khan says:

I, Azeem Khan as an employee of PTCL since 1989 is submitted that an employee having service 19 1/2 years gets pension and medical facilities and an employee having service 18 years cannot enjoy pension and medical facilities. Why dont u think this is a huge injustice??????

27. ABDUL RAUF says:

I,ABDUL RAUF, CUSTOMER OF PTCL TELEPHONE # 589-5403 SINCE LAST 13 YEARS WOULD LIKE TO BRING TO YOU NOTICE THAT SINCE NOVEMBER 12, 2007 MY TELEPHONE IS OUT OF ORDER INSPIT OF THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO OUTSTANDING PAYMENT FROM THE BEGINING. I, MYSELF PAY MY BILLS EVERY MONTH BEFORE DUE DATE. I COMPLAINT SEVERAL TIMES VIA TELEPHONE AS WELL AS I VISIT TO YOUR PTCL D.H.A PHASE II COMPLAINT CENTRE AND MET DIVISIONAL ENGINEER TWICE BUT NO RESPONSE, DIVISIONAL ENGRINEER CALL LINE MAN BUT WHAT I FEEL THAT D.E. LOOKS HELP LESS, SOME ONE SUGGEST ME THAT IF I WANT GOOD TELEPHONE SERVICE I HAVE TO KEEP LINE MAN HAPPY, U KNOW WHAT AM SAYING….
    SO, I DECIDED TO JUST CANCEL THE SERVICE. PLEASE CANCEL / DISCONNECT MY TELEPHONE #589-5403 AT YOUR EARLIEST.

28. Abdul Waheed says:

Dear Sir I have read all comments but one thing i can not understand that PTCL administration why not thinking about the employees whose service are less than 20-Years but they are employees of T&T department (Govt. of Pakistan) and have joined the department for the purpose of pension. Can any one answer me that the case belongs to me. Thank,s
    Waheed9010@gmail.com

29. qamar wajid says:

you have not given the clear cut policy regarding over 20 years employees whether they get the complete medical facility or not as they are getting earlier.

You are requested to clarify clearly about it.

on the other hand what would be the policy about the people who will not avail the vss. Are they not harrased later on just like transferrs in far flung areas, and any kind of threats in future to leave the ptcl.

what mean by the terms surplus/needed.

Evaluating the staff their high-ups favours were with the khushamadi (TC people).

Some peoples having the positive remarks from their high-ups even dont get the positive remarks from your end why?

If someone have the authentic informations in this regard please mail me at

qamerwajid@gmail.com

30. Abdul Rehman says:

Aslam-o-Alaikum

The Vss offered to the ptcl employees have many discripencies or draw backs which are not considered during formulization of vss. (1) Package for the employees having less than 20 yrs service is very low. (2) Pensionary benefits and medical benefits for such employees have been eliminated after payout of vss package wihich is not more than 10 lac to 11 lac.
    I suggest that medical benefits and pensionery benifits to the employees between 10 to 20 yrs services should be allowedjust like the employees who have service more than 20 yrs.
    Moreover, catagory of surplus, not needed or rudendant etc labled at package of the employees is the insult of the employees which is not justified.
    pls think about this

31. qamar farooq kiani says:

Aslam o Alaikum

dear Sir

it is submitted for the attension of the company authority that
    i request that my suggestion should be considered
    i will be very grate ful to you

32. MAZHER says:

ASSALAM-O-ALEKUM

SIR

PTCL announce the VSS for employees .but I obsarve many many of employee want go home but yours pakege is low if the company member approved the VSS pakage but no more 3 lac to 4 lac employee I think 55 % employee joint the VSS.

Many deficulties ceraite like ‘House Rent, Child school Fee, Medicail fesicilities, etc’.
    its my saggasion otherwise company is power I am not higher educated but u known what i want to say please if possible u do any thing please do.

God bless u and ur faimlies