style=”display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px”
data-ad-client=”ca-pub-2983676629643435″
data-ad-slot=”5688405497″>

Mobile Companies no image

Published on February 18th, 2008 | by Babar Bhatti

Paktel – How Do You Explain The Sudden Increase In Subscribers?

style=”display:block”
data-ad-client=”ca-pub-2983676629643435″
data-ad-slot=”8774799491″
data-ad-format=”auto”>

pkmm07.JPG

I presented the 2007 mobile subscriber numbers for the major mobile companies a few weeks ago. Here’s another view. Lets review CMPak as it went through a huge transformation and struggled in the beginning. Paktel started out with 1.33M and ended the year with 1.98M. Not too bad but the interesting point is the sudden increase of Paktel subscriber numbers in November. In October it lost 175,871 subscribers but in November it gained 720,546. How do you explain this sudden shift? Is it just the way PTA reports its numbers? Or was there a marketing promotion behind it? I am curious to hear your thoughts.

42 Responses to Paktel – How Do You Explain The Sudden Increase In Subscribers?

1. nasir says:

i want any network_______________
    ____________5433707___________

2. Pingback: Service Providers - pakistantelecomexpo.com

3. saidnawaz khan says:

SIR, i want to this number in zong (0313,312,314,315 8807559)

4. Muhammad saeed khan says:

i want dis # 0313-2202222
    My # 03009523096

5. tanha says:

i love zong becuz its the company of china and china is our best friend if any one want dosti with me my # 0313 93 90 6 90

6. aziz.ur.rahman says:

i want this no

7. say it all its true now a days i think zong is a best national & internationaly by loest rates good service its improve day by day inshaallaha tomorow only is a zong

8. AMEET KUMAR says:

salam sir ji
    mujhe yeh number chaheye , men kese le sakta hu yeh numbers
    03118121985
    03121081986
    03127121985

9. kamran sattar says:

plz sir book this number 03135151100,03125151100,03137171786
    sir inform me on my cell number 0966606161 or email at this mail adress ankhone_ky_saagar@yahoo.com

10. ejaz shah says:

Sir i want this number 03139750153,03129750153,03135003535 contact me on my cell number 03455902571 or email me at this id ankhone_ky_saaagar@yahoo.com

11. qaisar abbas says:

i want this number in which code its ok 7003535 contact me on this cell number 03337003535 or inform me by email email id engr_qaisar1987@yahoo.com

12. imran sattar says:

i want this number 03135522596,03145522596,03125522596 plz sir inform me on this mail or my cell number 03455464249 Emial id ankhone_ky_saagar@yahoo.com

13. naeem chohan says:

my name is naeem chohan my father name is muhammd ilyas chohan (id card nomber is 34104-8449884-9) i want 03135878262 03125878262 03135481094 03125481094 my contact is 03216203645

14. Syed Qasim Abu-Talib Gardezi says:

Please! Provide Me this Number : 03137861214
    My Adderess:
    House : H-1,Sheet 26,Model Colouny ,Malir Town,Karachi,Pakistan.

15. Khuram Abbas says:

Hello Every Body:

i am very happy for see that chian mobile is perfect company & raining fulflag in pakistan. We all says that SAB KEH DOO. Pakistan China friend ship Zindabad

16. Zong_pk says:

SORRY FOR INCONVENINCE!

THE LINK ABOVE FOR FAVT NUMBER SERVICE IS DEAD! YOU CAN CHECK THIS ONE OR PLEASE VISIT THE COMPANY WEBSITE>> SPECIAL OFFERS MENU>>> THERE IS A LINK ‘BYN’

17. Zong_pk says:

Hello Everybody!

Just! TO INFORM EVRYBUDDY!…

DONNT PAY A PENNY AN ANA FOR ANY SPECIAL NUMBER SALE OFFER!

AS IF ZONG COMPANY FOUND THESE NUMBERS BEING SOLD ANYWHERE! ALL SUCH NUMBERS WILL BE DEACTIVATED! U WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO USE SUCH NUMBERS!

ANYBODY ASKING FOR SUCH OFFER TO SELL THE NUMBERS! PLEASE INFORM AT THE ADRESS GIVEN BELOW

NO JOB/HRING HERE! NO ANY FAV NUMBER SALE! U CAN GET THE AVAILIBLE FAVT NUMBERS AT THE WEBSITE! LINK

YOU CAN STOP THE TRADE OF FAVT NUMBER SALE! ITS IN YOUR FAVOURE! SO PLEASE DONNT BUY ANY FAVT. NUMBER!……..

18. Aamir says:

salam to all!

Its good to see an international company like China Mobile i Pakistani market.

Best of luck in this market. It will level the competition, & the big boss will be the one giving best VAS, salue added services BUT AT VERY LOW PRICE. Its nice 2 see ZONG around telling us the historical currencies of Pak, lik ANA. the service lik 8 ANA Bara ANA is the best strategy I think 2 win given dat ur servcie is as ZONG said ….”world best service, no signal down even on mouneverst……” thats the thing, on one side 8 ANA and other side highly reliable service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

One thing I wana ask my Pakistani Bros! TO WHOM U R ASKING THE QUESTIONS AND SEEKING THE HELP LIKE…………….. Pls giv me this number, See my CV, Typed here, n sort of (but not really) begging for Jobs on this FORUM! ……….. WAT I know is.. COM ON GUYS! ITS A FORUM! NO ONE WILL GIVE UR FAVT NUMBERS HERE! NO ONE HIRING HERE! ITS FORUM! SHARE UR KNOWLEDGE<<<<<<<<<

FOR FAVT NUMBERS! GO 2 THEIR WEBSITE! Check the availibility & If found ve it PLS! Well one of my Frind said Above see Pakis! They got glued 2 their computers booking all the FAV Best numbers of the world! NO BROTHER! COme on ! Take FACTORIAL OF 7! ITS I think 7X6X5X4X3X2X1 n even more numebrs availible….. 0000001 TO 9999999 numbers! SEARCH MAN! ITS SORT OF TEST! Tellng true! REally today I got tak this as a Challenge to get the best Fav numbers as I am leaving for Pak in few days (Currently working is SAUDIA in A REATIL CHAIN)!I got very good numbers like 03122122102, 03125151115…… So tak a cup of milk, bread, jam, juice n wat evr u like put aside, tak a bite n TRY a best favt number n MOV ON…

REGARDS
    M AAMIR ABDUL RAZZAQ

19. Aamir says:

These no. r for sale …………….. contact 0333-5244044

20. shafqat abbas says:

very quick every body take zong number zong giving best service in pakstan Request for these numbers 0312 5120110 0312 6692110 , 0313 6692110 , 0314 6692110 0312 5121214 , 03145121214 , 03138000512, 0312 5120005 ,0312 7860512 , 03127860012 ,0314 7860005, 0314 7860512 , 03145000110 ,0314 5120786 ,03126692786 pleaze call my cell number shafqat abbas 0300 7740110 0333 7740110

21. Rana Habib says:

plz book my zong no 03136214209 and 03137961600

my current no is 03017961600

22. Rana Shujaa says:

i want

03137701100 & 03137007007

my number is 03336707429.

23. JAWAD SARGANA says:

MY UFONE NUMBER IS 03336222019 .
    i want to take new number in zong 03136222019 .
    zong zinda-bad pakistan painda-bad .

24. Aqib ilyas says:

i want

my number is 03338696189.plz

25. Tayyab Shahzad says:

I want this Number in Zong service

26. mehtab T Niazi says:

best of luck
    03132202089

27. SYED USMAN SHRAZI says:

I REQUEST TO GIVE ME THIS NO IN 0313&ALSO 0314…………
    HOPE 43 THE BEST…..

28. nabeel says:

free minutes that is 2000 shud again be initiated by zong

29. Jahanzeb says:

There might be fake activations here as well that are swelling up the overall subscriber base. Apart from mergers and/or take-overs (which is expected in the market within 2 years), even China Mobile with all deep pockets cant expect to win over the market in a short time. The most serious threat in the market is from Telenor as Warid and Mobilink are more seen as investment companies in the telecom sector that are due for their sale when the environment is ready. For competing with Telenor, there is a need for long time strategy which might ask for short time sacrifices. But if China Mobile matches the services and quality it offers in China, there would be almost no choice remaining to the consumers in Pakistan but to switch to China Mobile.

30. ghazanfar says:

good to see a giant entering the field,it will bring some healthy competition among the companies,but i would be difficult for them to survive if they do not give competitive rates and VAS,some straight forward packages and provide the customer what you promise.
    IZZAT DO IZZAT LO. : )

31. Kamil says:

you know it’s very simple advertising technique. They know that they cannot advertise on to the normal pattrens, they have to stand out by throwing a different advertising camapign. Thay are trying to build perception not only on price but also on that they are huge, they are mighty, they are big so in this way they can incourage the customers to be the part of it. I am happy that the sales has been increased but keep one thing in mind that by June this year when their coverage will be reasonable then the real rock & roll will start. I know that the guy who is heading the marketing dept. of China mobile here is a very experienced and seasoned professional a marketing guru and they are in a process of hiring more prfessional people so with the help of good HR, sound investment and good perception will lead them on to the success way.

Good Luck China Mobile

32. Saleem says:

In Past, being part of Mobilink, I accept Tee Emm views that China Mobile may takeover Mobilink because its Orascom global strategy to buy sick company… restructure it, and when it becomes profit taking they sells on high rates.

secondly, its good strategy of China Mobile company to change name of Paktel because this name has lost goodwill in the market and for restructuring whole company its best to market new name also.

33. Tee Emm says:

If you’re surprised now, wait till April 08 when they plan to go all cylinders. They’ve started it this Sunday – 4 straight full pages in Dawn and other papers, dropping Paktel’s name and raising the mighty China Telecom brand in Chinese (above) and English (below).

I am sure its not true but it sure is interesting – CMPak’s CEO saying they aim to take over Mobilink in a years time and if this can’t be done, Mobilink would be bought out. :)

The 2000 minutes, free balance and very very visible advertisement right now in Karachi (where I live) seems to be contributing to the growing brand awareness and related sales/subs jump.

Interesting times to live in.

34. Babar Bhatti says:

I have been told that Party Time and Card Load Consumer Promotion were the major contributors to this growth.

35. Ali Ammar says:

Dear, I believe there r two packages offered by CMPAK one is Talk Free(Rs.500 for 2000 on net minutes) and (China package i.e Rs 2/min to China).We have a massive imprts from china now a days means we have a great number of importers in our country from china who need to call in china frequently,so the china package is also a piece of a cake for the customers which is one of the big indicator of its growth.And i i believe CMPAK offered this package by the end of October 2007.Thank you

36. Saleem says:

Dear, if we analyse market then we ll hardly find any PAKTEL subscriber in market. Although China Mobile has started its operation and changed packages of PAKTEL but these are not as such cheaper than others. Only one reason comes in my mind for drastic increase in sales is giving PAKTEL SIMs free of cost to Chinese, who are working all over Pakistan in Chinese Projects. If you see then you ll find that PAKTEL iss offering limited free calls to China also from their package. secondly Chinese are very Nationalists like Indians… they prefers Made in China so PAKTEL is also Made in China now.

37. Arsalan says:

I believe the massive advertising plus the attractive packages have made a difference. CMPAK also enjoys the good will of being Chinese; as we all know that Chinese products are cheaper and convenient as an alternative. So all this aspects combined together are positive for its rapid growth.

38. Imran Yousaf says:

I agree that they are coming with new ideas. The new commercial that Get Ready to be a part of Universe largest cellular service China Mobile. So I think that they will provide more services that they are presently offering in China.

39. Mohammad Asad says:

I agree with Ali. China Mobile usually comes up with the most cheapest rates available in the market, which usually gets them a better deal/profit. They launched the best deal ever offered by any Mobile company in Pakistan, which earned them so many subscribers, and not to forget an impressive marketing campaign played it’s role as well.

I heard, they are coming up with free mobiles (as mentioned by Ali) and a connection bunch of minutes. Anyway, bottom line is, the mobile companies of Pakistan will have a tough time with another competitor, making it’s way to the top.

40. Bilal Shaikh says:

Very simple, the growth is due to the launch of PAKTEL 2000 free minute package with 500 line rent, but if you now see the inactive ratio and then again the activity ration in December you will find the answer very clearly.

41. aliraza says:

china always played a low priced game in the international markets and is also popular in ‘dumping’. On our side, we the Pakistanis, are always recognized as impulsive buyer or word of mouth buyers who are always in a mood of trying or use or discuss new brands, products including the comparison part etc. psychologically, the strength of the china mobile brand has been registered in the mind of the locals. They are waiting for the brand to come in full as they have perceived and assumed enough abt the china mobile like “free mobiles with low price tariffs are coming” or they will have all the VAS features that existing companies have” etc. In my opinion, may be now they are actually coming in full so people like to go with them. and if you look the recent newspapers they are advertising “a full page” means…….. they are coming big. a game of hype and perception.

42. Muhammad Asif says:

if we notice Jan-08 data, it is apparent that CMPak gained 374,722 therefore, i assume that subscribers decline in Oct has something to do with PTA reporting!