Telecom no image

Published on June 8th, 2008 | by Babar Bhatti

Telecom Futures – an initiative of Telenor Pakistan with Nokia-Siemens and TEVTA (Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority, Punjab) has announced a new lab in Lahore. This 2-year telecom diploma program was launched in 2006 and is running at Government Polytechnic Institute Attock and the Government Institute of Technology DG Khan. This is a good example of industry-government-academia collaboration to solve the talent gap problem and to provide skills in areas where there is a huge demand for local training.

Some background from Telenor website:

Telenor Pakistan and its industry partners, Nokia and Siemens, realize that vocational training institutes are building human capital from the lower socioeconomic classes and there is a huge opportunity to help them get their fair share from the Telecom Promise. The Telecom Futures program aims at building on TEVTA’s Higher National Diploma in Telecom by aligning curriculum with industry expectations, providing advanced trainings and rewards to teachers, sharing specialized equipment with students, and offering internships or jobs to suitable diploma holders. The target is to create a scalable model for large-scale implementation, an education and training model that improves the level of human resource created locally, and increases the employability of vocational diploma holders.

Media coverage about Lahore event from Daily.Pk:

Veqar ul Islam said the Telecom Futures programme, initiated by Telenor Pakistan in partnership with Nokia Siemens Networks and Tevta provides a two-year higher national diploma based on an advanced curriculum, scholarships, hands-on-training and internship opportunities to students. He said that it was the first industry-academia collaboration in telecommunications in Pakistan aimed at developing human resources from deprived backgrounds.

Irfan Wahab said the Telenor realised the importance of technical and vocational training institutes to harness and develop talents. The Telecom Futures programme will build on Tevta’s Higher National Diploma in Telecom by aligning curriculum to industry expectations, providing advanced training and rewards to teachers, sharing specialised equipment with students, and offering internships or jobs to suitable diploma holders. Tevta Board Member Mohsin Syed also spoke on the occasion

67 Responses to Telecom Laboratory At Govt College of Technology Lahore To Provide Diplomas In Telecom

1. ahsan says:

my name is ahsna mushtaq

2. ahsan raza says:

i m ahsan. i m at 19th class .am like to study the tecnical education because my passion is tecnical education. and this way i m become a success full man

3. Muhammad Waqar Siddique says:

Dear sir,
    I have certificate in Electronics Equipment Repairing from Govt. college of technology raiwind lahore. And also studying of D.A.E Electronics 3rd year. My contact is 0332-4300537, 0300-8142316

4. MUHAMMAD WAQAS says:

WHAT IS CONVEX AND CONCAVE MIRROR ?

5. tauseef says:

DEAR SIR
    I HAVE COMPLETED DAE IN TELECOMMUNICATION AND ALSO COMPLETED FURTHER COURSES IN THIS FIELED AS OPTICAL FIBE JOITING AND SPPLICING ‘ SDH DSL AND COMPUTER NETWORKING(LAN) I HAVE TO NEEDED JOB IN THIS FIELDS.

6. Ali Rehman says:

Learning is main objective and wants to get the practical
    experience for the things that I have learnt so far. To work in an Organizationas an active member where I can get opportunity to utilize my knowledge , skills and interpersonal abilities in the
    growth of organization with motivation, determination and Commitment.

Education:
    2007-2009
    T.T.I College Mughalpura, Lahore
    Diploma in Electronics Applications (2-years)

2007-2009
    Private
    Board of intermediate & secondary Education Lahore.
    F.A (Part I & Part II)

2005-2007
    Govt. Islamia High School, Lahore Cantt.
    Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Lahore
    Matriculation

Experience
    (1-year)
    Recently, I have worked in workshop (cantt Electronics
    Workshop) where I polished my abilities, got practical
    Experience and enhanced my Knowledge.

Major Subjects:
    • Electronics Applications
    • Physics

Hobbies and First learning then primarily executing what is being learnt.
    Interests Development, getting familiar with latest things around the
    Globe.

Skills:
    • Hard Working
    • Problem Solving
    • Quick Understanding
    • Good Listening

Contact#
    Phone:042-6857011
    Cell: 0322-465868
    E-mail: asif_nisar@live.co.uk

7. Rehman Ali says:

hi l am Rehman Ali from lhr
    l have joine telecomunication diploma in 2year experience please call me

8. Rehman Ali says:

please Sir, l have running in telecomunication diploma 2years please sir reply me

9. Résumé

Place of Birth: Gujrat
    Sex: Male
    Marital Status: Single
    Religion: Islam

Education/Qualification:

MATRICULATION (SCIENCE) 2005
    BOARD OF INTERMIDIATE AND SECONDARY EDUCATION GUJRANWALA (BISE)
    DAE (Telecommunication) 2006-2009
    Punjab Board of Technical Board (PBTE)

Computer Skills & Certifications:

Diploma in Hardware, Diploma in Basic Operating
    Internet, Windows

Experience: I have three year Hotel Management
    Wateen Internet Company

Interest: Reading Books, Cricket, Internet Chatting

Books: Islamic Books, Story Books

Extra Curricular Activities:

Ø Player of CRICKET.
    Ø Fabulous Player of SNOOKER.

Career Objective:
    Determined to join such an Organization Where I can utilize my capabilities to the highest extent for the best of Organization.

Key of Success:
    Integrity Ethics
    Leadership
    Teamwork
    Communication
    Continuous Improvement

Reference:
    Will be furnished on demand

10. Mohsin Riaz says:

hi, i m mohsin from pakistan i want job as electonics technician i have 2 year exp, plz guid and help me
    give me a chance of thanks
    mohsin riaz
    moni_soni_1@yahoo.com

11. SHAHABMALIK says:

a.slam ! I had complete the D.A.E telecome from govt poly technical collage sargodha..in the session of 2008 , with getting 67% marks and also done CCNA from university of sargodha

12. AAO
    My name is Ahsan Mehmood and ihave completed my matric (562/850)in 2001-2003. after it i have completed my D.A.E in electronics technology (2525/3350) in 2003-2006,and after it i have completed my B-Tech(900/1100) in electronics&communication technology from GOVT.College Of Technology Rai Wind Road Lahore in 2006-2008.
    i have 1.5 year experience in power field.

i have 3 certificates from telecom foundation training institute
    1- WIRELESS LOCAL LOOP
    2- OPTICAL FIBER SYSTEM
    3- OUT SIDE PLANT

Now i am doing intership in engineering departmnt of warid telecom
    i am searching for a job in telecom company.

13. Tayyab Afzaal says:

Yar electronic ka diploma kia hy 71 per marks hain yar mary ko itna bata do k aor koi university bachi hy jis main bsc electronics ho rai ho plzzzzzzzzz uet main to nai hoa aor na punjab uni main baqi universities ki date over ho gai hain ager kisi bhai ko pata ho to plz is number py contect ker dyna main khudi cal ker lon ga 03015147722

14. That’s really good to know at last Pakistan also realized the importance of telecom industry and initiated these diplomas. Can some one tell me the pre requisites and duration of these diplomas. I would really appreciate if some one can come up with its fee also.

15. Umair Pervaiz says:

ma na civi eng ma aooly kiya ha/contact ma at this number, 0308-4028430

16. waqas says:

i am electronics diploma holder &m 1year experance in teaching
    my number 03317952392 i am seeking for job in tele com

17. ARAFAT AWAN says:

I AM FRESH DIPLOMA HOLDER IN ELECTRONICS. I AM VERY HARD WORKING PERSON . AND I HAVE LOT OF EXPERIENCE ABOUT ELECTRONICS.

18. MUHAMMAD WAQAS says:

ASSALAM-O-ALIKUM
    I COMPLET MY DAE IN TELECOM
    NOW I AM IN URDU UNI TO COMPLET MY B.E(ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING)….SECIAL IN TELECOM
    I WANT A INTENSHIP BUT I WANT PERMANT JOB IN ANY GSM NETWORK….I HAVE A EXPERIENCE IN DSL SYSTEM
    PLZZZZZ CONTACT ME….engineer_waqas98@yahoo.com

19. hasnain says:

slam,i m master degree holder in M.Cs n i have also 2 years experience of network engineer in ptcl i have also certificates of CCNA and CCNP..if u have job oppertunity according my qualification so contact me..i m urgently looking for a good job..my contact no is 0321-9613919.

20. M.Numan.khan says:

Sir!
    I rquest that i m a provisional Certificate Of Optical Fiber Cable And Transmission System Course(Session Febraury – April 2009 in Telecom Foundation Training Institute Lahore) i want internship or job there for i request if you have that opertunity So give me the Chance .

0333-4595181 or Email- noomi707@yahoo.com

Thank you!

21. AOA;
    I am a bachelor of technology in electrical technology & i have 7/8 years experiance in the power generation division in the IEC,AESL,SEG (.abu dhabi) in these days i am in abu dhabi but i will come back if any good job there.
    this is my e mail id & contact no.
    kh_tahir_mahmood@yahoo.com
    contact#00971505653948

22. Awais Ali Khan says:

Sir,

I am a Diploma Holder in Telecommunication and i have 1year experence in optical fiber jointing, Splicers, OTDR testing.
    Work experience in F C I (pvt) Haripur.
    Cell NO 92-345-9576030

23. Sajjad says:

Aslam-e-kum. I have qualified my diploma of associate engineer in electrical technology from swedish college Wah cantt and got 59.9% MARKS.MY CONTACT NO IS 03235361230 and 2 years and 6 month COOL CARE Workshop Islamabad.
    Please job for me.

24. anwar says:

AOA. Im a student of telecommunication engineering BE(TEL) from MUET Jamshorolast and i want to do internship/job in ur organization to enhance my practical skills

25. prem maheshwari says:

aslam-e-kum.. i m a final year B.E(Telecom Engg:) student of Mehran University Of Engg: & Technology Jamnshoro-Pakistan..
    I want to do interenship in any telecom firm/organzation in Pakistan…

26. ASAD says:

i have qualified my diploma of associate engineer in electrical technology from swedish college gujrat and got 81.5% MARKS.MY CONTACT NO IS 03446027025

27. khurram waseem says:

hi.i m khurram and i m persuating my MBA marketing in international islamic university islamabad in last semster i desire to do job in telecom sector…….. so if u wanna give me chance i ll serve all my capabilities…..
    cell no=03318616070

28. yasir iqbal says:

I am associate eng 3years diploma holder in telecom field and 4 years experiance in field if you have vacancy for me plese tel me

29. Awais Ali Khan says:

Sir,

Work experience in F C I (pvt) Haripur.
    Cell NO 92-345-9576030

30. sheraz javed says:

A.O.A
    i m sheraz.My Qualification is B.Tech(honor)Electrical.
    i did my DAE (Electrical) in 2003. i have Two years experience in transformer company as sub engineer.Now i am working as lecture Assistant in U.E.T.
    and also going part time tranformer fectory.
    i want to work in national and international companies.

31. Tahir Shah says:

I have done DAE in Electrial Technology from Khyber Institute of technology, Peshawar with 72.56% marks and nowadays i’m looking for job ,i have great intrest in telecom side . it is requested that please guide for job or internhip programm.
    Tanking u in this regard.
    cell No.03219020847, 0344966604 .

32. i have done DAE in Electrial Technology from govt. college of technology sahiwal,i got 79% marks and nowadays i’m looking for job ,i have great intrest in telecom site and having ablity to work with national and multinational compnies with responsbility.
    My cell No #03347687867

33. qaiser khan says:

I have passed MS.C in Eectronics from UOP Deptt of Electronics.Now i want to do internship in telecom company.I like this field. my cell no is# 03149729835

34. Muhammad Saleem says:

I have 6 years plus experience in Worldcall Telecom Ltd. as a AREA ENGINEER,job descriptions are as under
    I joined WORLDCALL Telecom LTD. as a “SERVICES ENGINEER” (GUJRAT Telecom Region) on 26 SEP 2002 and promoted as “AREA ENGINEER”. So I worked very hard to meet the management’s requirements.

My job responsibilities are as under.

From 2002 to 2004

I start my practical life as a Service Engineer with following duties

• Installation of Payphone
    • PTCL liaison
    • Looking faulty of payphone ( Exchange and sets problems )
    • Working in Exchange {layout of cabling for interconnection of DLU (Digital Line Unit) , LPU (Line Protect Unit) and MDF (Main Distributing Frame) }
    • Working territory ( Lalamusa, Kharian, Dinga, Kotla Arab Ali Khan and their remote exchanges)

From 2004 to 2005

In this period I worked as Area Engineer and my duties are as under

• Supervision of all technical team for technical support.
    • Preparation of technical reports( daily fault report, daily activation report, weekly technical report, monthly LPU report, reply of BVR report etc)
    • Handling misuse issues.
    • Inventory checking of sets.

From 2005 to 2007

In this period I worked on BTS of our WLL sites and my duties are annexed below

1. Gen set
    • First Level Maintenance and services.
    • Trouble Shooting.
    • Gen sets parts replacement (through contractor)
    • To check water level of Battery.
    • To check coolant level of Radiator.
    • Daily Drive test on every visit.
    • To check Diesel Level.
    • To check Mobil Oil level and Quality.
    • To keep record of oil & filter changes.

2 Diesel Filling
    • Quality and Quantity
    • External and internal tank checking
    • Diesel gages checking
    • To keep record of diesel filling & verify it against running records.

3 WAPDA Issues
    • Transformer
    • Ds
    • Meters
    • Power Cable
    • Power Failure
    • Coordination with WAPDA revenue office regarding billing issues.

4 Electrical Issues
    • Trouble Shooting (Power distribution box)
    • Checking of wiring
    • Cabling Connections
    • General Electrical work (Tube Lights, Tower Lights etc.)

5 Air Conditioning
    • Maintenance and Services
    • Trouble shooting
    • Proper Installation (through contractor)

6 Civil Work
    • General Civil works
    • Maintenance of Shelters

7 Earthing
    • Site earting verification & maintenance

8 Fire System
    • Fire System checks (pressure, alarm etc)

From 2007 to till date

Now my job nature is changed as looking after the optical fiber project, duties are annexed below

• Looking after the installation of optical fiber cable and coordination with civil team.
    • Cable splicing and testing of optical fiber cable applying different test equipment like OTDR, laser sources/optical power meter and cable locator.

My Qualification is annexed below:
    Sr.No Degree Discipline Session Marks % Institute/University
    1 B-Tech Electronics 2007-2009 Waiting for result Preston University Islamabad.
    2 DAE(Diploma of Associate Engineer) Instrument 1999-2002 73.03 % Swedish Pakistani Institute of Technology.
    3 CCA(Certificate in Computer Application) Computer 1999 93.6 % Swedish Pakistani Institute of Technology.
    4 Matriculation Science 1997-1999 75 % Govt.Public High School Gujrat.

I am job seeker for a challenging place in a your organization with international focus, so that I could be able to utilize my skills.

Regards:

Muhammad Saleem
    AREA ENGINEER
    Worldcall Telecom Gujrat.
    Tel# 053-3512732,WLL# 053-2116 786
    GSM# 03006225253

35. Iam a fresh diploma holder in Electronics and now working as a senior lab technician in an company
    but iam seeking a job from were i groom my self and lern some thing so i feel i am applaying at the right place if u gave me a chance i am able to do better for this company

36. Khalid Javed says:

II am diploma Engineer in Electronics (Radio Technology). I served in Pakistan Air Force for 18 years and retired after completion of 18 years service. I always served in challenging and competitive environment. I have vast experience in field operations, Maintenance depots, R & D Wing and Intelligence equipment.

I am seeking for Job in any good organization.

37. Syed Fahad Mehboob says:

Sir.
    I have passed DAE (Electrical) in 2007.i have 1 an half year experince in Alcatel-Lucent all Equipment on Mobilink GSM & Wimax Project.Sir i m able to do this job and it’s my profesion.
    i have worked on these Alcatel-Lucent system.

Installation MX BSC 9130

Installation of G2 BSC ( Base Station Controller )

Installation ,Commissioning and troubleshooting of BTS A9100 Macro & Alcatel A9110-E Micro

Installation and troubleshooting of Alcatel 925 TC (Transcoder)

Installation of wimax WBS ( Wimax Base Station )

38. MUHAMMAD BUX says:

A.O.A….

RESPECTED SIR….

I have completed my BE in Telecommunication in 2008 from Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Jamshoro. I have enternship experience in many companies. now I want good job where I can utilize my skills and abalities efficienciently and sincerely. so in search of a good job in ur organization. Sir I hope that u wouldn’t ignore my request and abalities.. waiting for ur kind reply….

39. M.kamran says:

I have passed thee D.A.E. Electronics recentley in the session 2005-2008,
    in 1sf div. with 74% marks. I want to join a reputed organization where
    I can proove my self as an efficient & hard working person.my mob.no.is 03013051303.

40. zobia says:

I have done masters in economics, with 4 years of experience in management & bankins. looking for a challenging positio in telecom/ bank.

41. RIAZ ULLAH says:

I AM A TELECOM DEPLOMA HOLDER AND WANT TO BE A PROFESSIONAL

42. ASAD MUNIR BUTT says:

i have qualified D.A.E in electrical technology in 2008 by securing 81.5% marks. my cell no is 03446027025.

43. aamir nawaz says:

A O A
    MY NAME IS AAMIR NAWAZ 24 YEAR OLD I AM ELECTRONICS DIPLOMA HOLDER ,BSC FROM PUNJAB UNIVERSITY,& HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN TELECOMMUNICATIN FROM P-B-T-E LAHORE
    PLZ PRAY 4 ME

44. Muhammad_Salman says:

A.O.A
    I am Muhammad Salman,I have completed my M.Sc(Computational Physics) from Centre for High Energy Physics, University ot the Punjab Lahore Pakistan.I am very happy by the grace of Allah Almighty.
    All those who has lost hope dont worry because Allah is the Creatre,King and give food to all the universe and we must have faith on Allah and never loss hope.
    and always be happy.

45. Salahudin Malik says:

My name is salahudin malik.I get Higher National Diploma in Telecommunication.I am like to job in telecomm compny.

46. faisal says:

sir,
    i m electical diploma holder & one yera experience

47. Muhammad Zubair says:

i m zubair diploma holder for electrical in 1st division and i like the telecom

job i will prove that 0332-7145315
    0723-641964

48. murtaza says:

Assalam,
    I m not posting this for any job well i just want to ask the future of telecom engineer.
    I m doing telecoomunication engg. from NED so just want to ask about the status of telecom engg. in Pakistan
    Waiting for ur rply
    Thanx

49. farhan shams says:

A.A i have passed dae electrical in first division and i have exerprice three months in switch gair.i need a job. please contact no 03349961216

50. AoA!
    Respected Sir(s)
    I am a telecom Diploma Holder, i have completed intership in OGDCL. I have worked for M/s Sachal Telecom. I need a suitable job in the field of telecommunication.

51. yasir raza says:

i am associate engineer (telecom) in telecom foundation islamabad. ihave four month experience in ptcl . appling jobs in telecom sector

52. M.Sanaullah says:

A.O.A
    I am Sanaullah Balouch,I have completed my M.Sc(Computational Physics) from Centre for High Energy Physics, University ot the Punjab Lahore Pakistan.
    My accadamic carrer is good.I have got through out 70% marks during my accadamic carrer.Now im seeking for suitable job for me.
    My major subjects are
    Electronics
    computer simulation
    Scientific Computing
    Solid State physics
    Nucler Physics
    I can proove my self as an efficient & hard working person.

You can contact me at this E_mail
    sanaullah1986@hotmail.com

53. Adnan Sattar says:

I am an electronics & communcation engineer. Seeking a challenging Research & Development oriented career within a dynamic and progressive organization where enthusiasm, dedication and the ability to manage tasks effectively is prerequisite in driving the organization forward

Regards
    Adnan Sattar
    0333 4408485
    chadnansattar@hotmail.com

54. rizwan says:

i am muhammad rizwan i done bs(telecome and networking) from comsats abbottabad i want to job i belong sargodha (sillanwali)cell#0300-2251935

55. rizwan says:

i am rizwan i complite my telecome eng from comsats abbottabad
    i wants to job

56. AAMIR ALI says:

I have passed thee D.A.E. Electronics recentley in the session 2005-2008,
    in 1sf div. with 82% marks. I want to join a reputed organization where
    I can proove my self as an efficient & hard working person.My phone no.03348716225

57. M YOUNAS JOIYA says:

I AM ASSOCIATE ENGINEER IN ELECTRICAL . MY MARKS OBT 2585/3550 IS s
    I AM WANT TO TECHINCAL JOBS , PLZ INFORME MY E-MAIL # SMALL _BIG93@YAHOO.COM , HOUSE # 2260/40 , ST# 09 MUHAMMADI MUHALLAH MULTAN . I AM WORKING ONE YEAR MAST F.M RADIO MULTAN AS SALES &PURACHES IN ELECTRICAL EQUPPIED .

58. asad says:

Hi Colleagues,

We need fresh engineers for NSN-Telenor project ………

All coleeagues having exposure on NSN product and worked in onsome equipement either in commercial network or traiing alb send cvto

saads83@yahoo.com

59. KHURRAM IQBAL says:

i have complete my diploma in electronics engineering from
    ”swedish intitute gujranwala” in first division with the percentage of 73%.
    I am seeking proper job with reasonable salary………

60. Jamil Ahmed says:

I have passed thee D.A.E. Electronics recentley in the session 2005-2008,
    in 1sf div. with 71% marks. I want to join a reputed organization where
    I can proove my self as an efficient & hard working person.

61. Umair says:

I am a student of B.E Telecom Engineering 7th semester from National University (FAST), Lahore .
    I want to do internship
    Cell: ( 92) 332-4162936

62. hafiz kamran says:

i have qualified D-A-E (telecommunacation) at (GPI) govt. Poly Technic Institute
    P-A-F Road Sargodha in session 2008 with first division(74%)Marks.ineed a .job in telecom sector………

63. I am fresh electronics diploma holder. And i want to job in telecummunication bcoz i m best in this subject. if u want to check me then call me for interview.my cell no. is 0333/0313-4970648

64. hafiz zafar hayat says:

P-A-F Road Sargodha in session 2008 with first division(69%)Marks.ineed a .job in telecom sector………

65. Muhammad Javed says:

i have qualified D-A-E (electrical) at GCT raiwind road lahore in session 2007
    with 74% marks. i also need a job in telecom sector cell NO.03454563631

66. ubaid bashir says:

hi i am ubaid from lahore
    i have experience of 3 years of tele communication field (warid franchise)
    i need a job in telecom

67. zubair says:

hi i m zubair diploma holder for electrical awating the result and i like the telecom job i will prove that 0332-7145315
    0723-641964