Business no image

Published on November 1st, 2008 | by Babar Bhatti

Send SMS To 667 To Verify Your SIM Ownership

As covered here before, the process to get a new SIM has undergone many changes. The franchises are following the PTA guidelines strictly as well. You need to provide the original NIC and a thumb print to get a SIM. The franchises are connected online (and via their mobile phones) to NADRA systems to verify the NIC. Individuals can send a blank message to 667 to verify their ownership. The response includes the name of the person and the NIC number. If you just purchased a new SIM then the data is not available for a few days and you’ll get a message with Unknown name and 1111 as NIC.

Do you see any security and privacy issues? There is no security mechanism (such as a PIN). Anyone who gets a hold of your phone can get the name and NIC. If you lose your phone then the thief can know your name and NIC number.

33 Responses to Send SMS To 667 To Verify Your SIM Ownership

1. Akram Bati says:

667 is a valid site for sim information

2. Shahbaz ali says:

hello dear how are you?

3. SUHAIL ABBASI says:

I HAVE NO COMMENTS

4. fazl says:

667 ‘s facility should on internet as it is on 668.

5. Tahir says:

Sir mara CNIC NO 3720363433855 Mary use main aek bhe sim nahe ha jab k mary nume pr 2 sim register hain 1 ufone aur 1 jazz ke plz sim cancel krden aur plz jaldi sytem ko update kren (TAHIR )

6. Hameedullah says:

u fone ,telenor and zong have issued many sims on my nic no but i dont have these .I have submit many complaints but they did not acted upon that plz sir help me

7. Mansoor Ahmad Mir says:

PTA team done there job very positively and time to time need some improvements, Like when ever we send our CNIC no to 668 we get the SMS with the connections details on our mobile sets and also same results on the PTA website. Now I have a suggestion, If it is possible that on the website if any one wants to know that how many cell number are registered on his name. When the results appears on the screen at that time all the numbers would be mention along with the cellular company. For example I submit my NIC no like 17301-1234567-9 and found the results that, Mobilink 04 , ufone 03, waird 02, like this, It would be much better if we get the results along with all the numbers like M/link 04 followed by details 03001234567 , 03002345678 , 03003456789, 03004567890 and all the others cellular companies. Then it comes much better for all the Peoples.

With Thanks and best regards.

Mansoor Ahmad Mir.

8. Rizwan Ahmad Nadeem, says:

I have no connection of jazz by sending sms to 668 I have come to know that there are two connections with my name, please terminate these connections.
    Rizwan Ahmad Nadeeem
    3320136064907

9. shahnawaz says:

its very good and positive step from Pakistan telecom Authority

10. shahnawaz says:

its very good and positive step from Pakistan telecom Authority.

11. muhammad umair aslam says:

ma ap na number u sy jazz par ly kr jana cha ta hu magar u waly jana nhe daty ma kya kro

12. ch ashfaq ahmed chohan says:

13. irfanAkram says:

According to the SMS receoved from 668 the total 1 sims are registered ZonG my name 03126566880. Actualy I am using only one sim ZonG which are registered in my name. Kindly the remaining sims may please be deleted on my name . The sims I used already 1 sim of and other 5 sims plz kindly cancel only ZonG AND other 2 sim of ufone i can not use but i am chek in PTA PLZ CANCEL 2 UFONE SIM. Kindly accomodate under the law.NIC No. 36201-6994744-5 Name IRFANAKRAM

14. zahoor says:

how r u and belong u raja saba

15. sarfraz says:

03334444080 is my contact number

16. According to the SMS receoved from 668 the total 4 sims are registered against my name which are incorrect. Actualy I am using only one sim which are registered in my name. Kindly the remaining sims may please be deleted on my name forth with. The sims I used 0301-4597276, I already requested to PTA but no response. Kindly accomodate under the law.NIC No. 38103-1217855-7

17. According to the SMS receoved from 668 the total 8 sims are registered against my name which are incorrect. Actualy I am using only two sims which are registered in my name. Kindly the remaining sims may please be deleted on my nmae forthwith. The sims I used 03007850169 and 03124781000. I already requested to PTA but no response. Kindly accomodate under the law.NIC No. 31204-0175715-9

18. its very good and positive step from Pakistan telecom Authority (PTA), its shows that its improving its services and standard.

19. SABA says:

……|..|……..\..\ & pretty
    ……|..|………\..\ wanna friend?
    …../__\……..|__\

20. i want chech my owner ship of this no 03213267196

21. nisarali says:

its good.
    but how can i know that how many cell no of all networks are registered with my CNIC.
    there should be a process that we can know that how many different nos are registered with my name.

22. bilal says:

my Warid sim is not registered on my name and i don’t know that person on which my sim is registered. is there any way to register it on my name? through sms?

23. Z. A. Malik says:

Is there any method, through which you know name/other particulars, like CNIC number of a caller or a person who has sent a message.

24. Gul Soomro says:

its good.

25. Janice says:

Are you still worried about the expensive roaming fees for using your iphone 3G when travalling between countries?
    check on here:http://www.magicsim.com/en/iphone_3g_unlock.asp?new_id=47
    where can help you using a local sim card, and saving the roaming fees.

And are you still worried about unlocking other brands of mobile, such as Nokia ,Samsung , Motorola etc .
    Check on here:http://www.magicsim.com/en/unlock_device_show.asp?id=48&cp_id=40&sort2name=12