Published on August 18th, 2009 | by Arsalan Mir7
mobi2weet – SMS Based Twitter Application
As twitter has shown an increase in popularity over recent times, many applications have been developed to enjoy the 140 character micro-blog service. Among these applications we have some mobile applications like jTwiiter, fring, Twibble etc. But these applications run on GPRS/EDGE connectivity which is costly for some. A cheaper way is updating your twitter through SMS. We had discussed one such SMS based twitter service from iSMS.pk earlier.
mobi2weet comes as another such service. To register all you got to do is SMS, ‘reg your_id your_password (twitter userid and password) to 03014402764 or 03314805098 (wish they had opted for easier numbers).
Some mobi2weet commands:
- <message> (type your message directly)
- @twitterID <message> (reply to someone’s tweet)
- D twitterID <message> (sends a direct message to a user)
- ON (turns twitter notifications on)
- OFF (turns notifications off)
- inv <mobile number> (to invite your friends to use our app)
- help <message> (to contact customer support)
mobi2weet comes with a feature to updates off or on for specific users. To turn updates off or on for specific users, text ‘OFF twitterID’ or ‘ON twitterID’ for turning off and turning on updates for a specific user, respectively
It is a free service. However, network SMS charges are applicable.
oAuth has been succesfully implemented on mobi2weet. Now, your passwords are absolutely secured.