Published on December 9th, 2009 | by Arsalan Mir6
M@il From Zong
Just recently Zong has come up with an application based e-mail service “Zong M@il“. The service enables Zong customers to access all their e-mail accounts on their mobile phone through an application client. Customers interested in staying connected to their email accounts can do it through Zong mail without necessarily having to buy high-end mobile handsets.
Requirements: The application can run on medium level mobile hand set that supports java applications, GPRS and MMS.
- Push e-mail: Customers with Zong M@il access there personal (Gmail, Hotmail and POP3 / IMAP) by creating an account @zongmail.pk (mandatory for downloading the application). After installation of the application customers can add five existing email accounts. They will be getting real time emails on their handsets and they can manage multiple email account through the same interface.
- RSS Feed: It also enabled to receive RSS feeds from multiple information sources and broadcasters on your hand-set.
The Zong mail application can be downloaded by following these simple steps:
- Send an SMS “Mail” to 6245 (mail)
- The server will accept any text in the message for sending the application
- The link for downloading the application will be received
- If the customer is a first time user, he/she will have to create a new email firstname.lastname@example.org in order proceed, existing users will be required to simply provide their zongmail account credentials
- The application download link will be displayed if the handset is compatible
- The customer will open the application after downloading and installing the application.
- Credentials will have to be supplied during first time login only
The Service is free of charge ONLY Standard GPRS/EDGE Charges apply.
Zongers trying it out, do share your expereince here.