Published on May 27th, 2010 | by Babar Bhatti and Arsalan Mir5
Broadband Subscribers Survey
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) is conducting a Broadband Subscribers Survey through a consultancy company Paradigm Technologies. PTA website has no mention of this survey as of this writing.
The objective as mentioned on the survey site is to gain an estimation of number of broadband users behind a business and residential connection and gain some performance perceptions. This is a follow up to a previous announcement by PTA (see the list here) where it announced its intention to gain better insights into broadband usage in Pakistan. In short, the question is: how many broadband users are there in Pakistan?
It further discusses that the survey research has two components:
- The collection of data
- The consumer survey
The objectives of the consumer survey are:
- To measure overall satisfaction with broadband provision, speeds and other individual service factors, and identify reasons for dissatisfaction.
- To estimate potential broadband users utilizing a single connection. The estimation targets both business and residential users.
- To judge primary utility gained over a broadband connection.
- To evaluate the importance of broadband for businesses and general public.
- To assess the average monthly spending for a broadband service.