Published on January 11th, 2012 | by Arsalan Mir2
Pakistan SMS Traffic Report – 175.4 Billion SMS Generated in Y2010
The Strategy and Development Division at PTA has recently published report on Pakistan SMS traffic in 2010. As per the report, a total of 175.4 billion SMS were generated in Pakistan during the year 2010 which is 15.66% more than in Y2009. The revenues estimated from SMS in the year 2010 is Rs. 22.5 billion.
Summary table with indivisual operator’s status is as follows:
|Operator||Subscriber Share %||SMS Share %|
Futhermore, the report proposes the following recommendations:
- Info160 service must be focused for our market.
- A2P &P2A must flourish in order to increase the revenues from SMS.
- A2P & P2A SMS must be counted and maintained separately from P2P SMSs.
- Location Based services must be introduced ASAP.
- SMS delivery reliability must be enhanced in order to provide more VAS over SMS.
- International SMS traffic must be enhanced through some attractive packages.
- Cellular Operators should plan to provide detailed SMS-Data for Y2011 to ‘SMS analysis and Report’ team by February 2012 , so that the Y2012 Report may be out by June 2012.
Detailed report can be downloaded and read on the PTA website.