Published on March 12th, 2012 | by Haseeb Ahmed12
Ice Cream Sandwich Update for HTC Sensation Hands-on
There is a race going on between the Android phone manufacturers to update most of there old devices to the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. HTC announced a few devices one of which is the HTC Sensation, which is the world’s first Android smartphone to receive the Android 4.0 update which was scheduled by the end of March, 2012. For some reason HTC started rolling-out the Android 4.0 update with HTC Sense 3.6 for the HTC Sensation in the start of March but it is only available in the Nordic (European) Areas. We have been able to get our hands-on to the Android 4.0.3 ICS with HTC Sense 3.6 update for the HTC Sensation.
We have experienced that the new Android 4.0 update from HTC makes the device a lot more smoother and the new HTC Sense 3.6 eats up lesser memory. Although this update, updates the old HTC Sense 3.5 to HTC Sense 3.6 but the disappointing thing is that: One of the leaked test ROMs had HTC Sense 4.0 on them which means that for some unknown reasons Sense 4.0 couldn’t make it to the final ICS update for the HTC Sensation. Many new applications, minor and major features have been introduced in this update that take the User Experience to a whole new level, best of which are listed below. Also a short hands-on video of Android 4.0 ICS running on the HTC Sensation is just after the break.
- Animations: Newer & Smoother
- Camera Application: New & Improved, New Scenes (e.g. Backlight HDR, Panoram and etc), New Effects (e.g. Distortion, Vignette, Dots and etc)
- Homescreen rebuilt to match the ICS launcher
- Music Player: Newer Interface to match the ICS style
- Notifications Bar/Menu rebuilt to ICS style
- Phone Application: Now includes tabs for Call History, Groups and People
- Typeface: Newer & more eye-catching