Published on April 10th, 2012 | by Bilal Sulehri2
How To Pin Websites To Windows 8 Start Menu
A few days ago Microsoft Pakistan page on Facebook asked a question “Did you know you can pin the websites to your Windows 7 task bar? “, the idea of pinning pages to Windows 8 Start Menu sprung up in my mind and I found out the following
Follow these steps if your Internet Explorer is set to open as Metro IE:
- Open Internet Explorer from the Start Menu.
- In the search box, type the address of the website you wish to pin, once the page loads you can pin the website by clicking on the pin to start button that appears after the refresh button.
The above steps are only applicable when Internet Explorer is set as Default for opening websites and you are using Metro IE.
If you are not using Metro IE in Windows 8, then following steps should be followed:
- Any site can be pinned by going to Tools > Add Site to Start Menu.
- Go to All Programs, search the page by typing its name (e.g. Google)
- Right click it to pin it to the start menu.