Published on August 1st, 2012 | by Haseeb Ahmed1
[Review] HTC One S
Being launched at a reasonable price of Rs.48,000 — HTC One S is a great competitor for the new Samsung Galaxy SIII. Even though dual-core but the new Krait Dual Core Processor in the HTC One S has the capability to match the performance delivered by a Quad Core processor. Carry on to read the complete HTC One S review.
Design & Construction
Being 7.8mm thin and weighing only 119.5g, the HTC One S has a pretty sturdy design & a quite Solid build that does not only feel good in hands but also gives the phone a beautiful & admirable look.
On the front top is the speaker grill with a small Notification LED hiding in it. To its right is the VGA front camera for Video Calls or Skype. Just underneath them is huge 4.3″ (540 x 900 pixels) Super AMOLED display. Three Android ICS touch buttons (Back, Home, Recent Apps) are at the bottom.
On the back top is the 8MP auto focusing camera with the LED flash to its right. The Beats Audio speakers are located at the bottom of the phone.
On the left of the phone is the micro USB port for charging and data transfer. On the bottom is nothing else but just a single microphone. On the right side of the phone is the volume rocker. On the top is the 3.5mm jack, a power button and a microphone for noise cancellation or multiple channel recording.
Software & User Interface
Software & User Interface of the One Series is pretty much the same except HTC One V which has a few features ripped off due to its lower hardware specs. HTC One S runs Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4. Few images of the interface are given below. The interface is identical to the HTC One X, which can be seen here.
Camera & Video Recording
Here are a few screen-shots and a unedited 1080p Video sample from the HTC One S 8MP Camera.
- Stunningly thin at 7.8mm, ceramic or anodized aluminum finish
- Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
- 4.3″ 16M-color capacitive Super AMOLED touchscreen of qHD resolution (540 x 960 pixels); Gorilla glass
- Android OS v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0
- 1.5 GHz dual core Krait CPU, Adreno 225 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8260A chipset
- 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage
- Beats audio enhancement
- 8 MP autofocus camera with LED flash; face detection, geotagging and continuous shooting
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps; Snapping photos while recording video
- Wi-Fi b/g/n and DLNA
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity and ambient light sensors
- Front facing camera with video calls
- microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v4.0
- MHL TV-out (requires a MHL-to-HDMI adapter)
- 1650mAh battery
Summary: HTC One S is one of the most awesome Android phones that are available in the Pakistani market. This one is a best all rounder & one of the best from the HTC One series -- It has the looks & a solid construction, doesn't lack behind on performance, has an easy to use & feature full UI, a good camera & an awesome battery timing. Just the perfect package for most of us.